Friday, December 4, 2009

Dinner at Sylvia's

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of seeing Lia's family. I had not seen Don and Linda in a long time, and it was great to catch up. I'm a little sad that Eric wasn't in town, but there's always next time!

See, aren't they a handsome bunch?


We had dinner at Sylvia's, the famous soul food restaurant in Harlem. It was a wonderful time. I ate fried chicken, collard greens and mac and cheese. It was tempting to eat as much as possible, but Don, Lia's dad, spoke so highly of the peach cobbler I knew I had to save myself. I used my deep mental powers to excercise restraint. Lia took a different approach, keeping one eye on her plate and the other on Pete's.


Eventually the time came for dessert and the glorious peach cobbler arrived at the table:

Since everyone had eaten a large meal, we decided to split two cobblers between four people. Don and Pete had one and Lia and I had the other. Linda was the true picture of restraint, opting out of dessert. We fork-cheered as Linda documented the sweet ritual:


We may be two dainty ladies but we managed to finish up our dessert, while Don and Pete lost steam, sadly leaving some of their cobbler on the plate.

We win!



Sylvia's

328 Lenox Avenue

New York, NY 10027

(212) 996-0606

www.sylviasrestaurant.com

email: info@sylviasrestaurant.com




1 comment:

Pete said...

I'd just like to state, for the record, that Don and I DID finish our peach cobbler albeit a little slower than the girls and after a little ribbing. This after showing absolutely NO restraint in eating our fried chicken, waffles, BBQ ribs, collared greens, and candied yams. Mmmm...