Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Who pines for pie?

This year i did something amazing. For this past Thanksgiving I ventured into the buttery land of apple pie. I took a little faith, a bag of granny smiths and a load of butter through the threshfold from pipe dreams of pie possibility to the real thing. Behold!


Isn't she pretty?


Let's get a profile shot...


Ou la la! Tres belle!

While we're on the subject of pies and Thanksgiving I want to give Laura and her Thanksgiving pie a shout out. Laura is amazing like me, not only because she can also make beautiful pies (see below) but because she was my pie baking cheerleader. Much appreciated, my dear!


"Pumpkin Pie Rests" (composition by Laura)

Okay, well that's enough boasting and pie talk for one day. Two more important holiday events await us before the year wraps up. I know I am not always the best at keeping up with people, but I do love you all and wish you all the best at the end of this year and much more in the coming year. Be safe, eat with joy, Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

No comments: