Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This is my pulse: part II

January blues? I don't know, but my pulse is still low. The scientists say the cold lowers the heart rate, so maybe that's why. I'm posting Cat Power's Metal Heart. The first version she released in 1998. The video plays a collage of what she looked like back then. I'd only ever seen her with the long hair. She looks so young in these shots. Anyway, I saw her play "Metal Heart" live in 08 for the Jukebox tour up at Terminal 5. It was a trying concert, there were a lot of sound problems, but she made it work. The venue isn't great for her, it's too gigantically cavernous. I wish I'd caught her when she played at the High Tone in Memphis. I totally regret it. It's the perfect space for her. Anyway, to get back on topic, this is my shade of blue today:

No comments: